Welcome! If you are viewing this, welcome to the family of the Timpanogos Storytelling Festival! We have so much to share with you!
It has long been our desire from the beginning to make information about the power of storytelling more widely available. This new website and blog will help us connect across the miles and in our own neighborhoods.
Let us introduce you to the new website:
- NATIONAL EVENTS CALENDAR – Storytelling is an oral performing art, and one of the best ways to experience storytelling is by attending a festival, workshop, or other story event. We know amazing things are happening all across the country. We welcome all storytelling festivals and events to be scheduled here.
- STORYTELLING – Do you have a story to share? This is a place to preserve stories: personal, family, historical, funny, etc. As you discover and record your own stories, this is an ideal way to share them. They don’t have to be long or of huge import to be shared. We want to hear from you. Also in the story collection you will find information about the benefits of storytelling, what it is and how to do it. In addition, we provide an ongoing and updated list of storytellers and how to reach then. We offer a glimpse at their schedules so you can see what they are up to and where they will be.
- MARKETPLACE – We provide a marketplace of items and resources for anyone interested in storytelling. It’s the perfect place for the beginning storyteller, the hobbyist, and for the parent looking for good entertainment. We also sell Festival merchandise and artwork.
- TICKETS – When it all comes down to it, we host the Timpanogos Storytelling Festival, the Timpanogos Storytelling Conference, and many other events, workshops, and retreats throughout the year. This is the place to buy your tickets.
- BLOG – Let’s chat! Let’s chat about Timpanogos Storytelling – let’s “Timp chat!” Come to the blog often to see what is happening as we prepare for the Festival which is in just a couple weeks. We will have insider information about the storytellers and tips and tricks to having the best experience at the Festival. Come back again and again for fresh new information and insights about storytelling throughout the year.
- GET INVOLVED – Information about how to volunteer, donate, and sponsor are also available. In addition, this is where you share your story with others and how to contact us.
THIS WEBSITE IS FOR YOU!
Again, welcome. This website is truly for you, if you have ever:
- been asked to tell a ghost story at a scout camp
- had your children plead for a story at bedtime
- had to speak in front of a large audience
- tried to recall or write your own family stories
- interviewed for a job you really wanted to land
- stepped in as a substitute with a thirty students to teach
- lead your team to reach a workplace goal
- sell a product or service
- introduce yourself to someone new
- or any number of other situations in which you needed to communicate with people
Yes, this website is for you! Check it out, and we’ll see you at the Festival!